We wish you a warm welcome and invite you to explore our destinations – Poreč, Umag and Rijeka!
Citizens of the EU and the countries and / or regions of the Schengen area and the countries associated with the Schengen area may enter Croatia with one received dose of vaccine if the dose was received more than 22 days ago (up to a maximum of 42 days).
The every day better epidemiological situation in Croatia and Istria has enabled the relaxation of certain measures for the F&B facilities, services, activities and public gatherings, as well as for entry into Croatia.
This enables even a more safe and relaxed stay in the facilities of Plava Laguna and the destinations Poreč, Umag and Rijeka. Take advantage of the beginning of summer for a well-deserved vacation while respecting the measures in force, useful information for your carefree stay are highlighted below.
MAP OF DAILY COVID - 19 CASES IN CROATIA PER REGION
Check the up-to date map and information about COVID-19 cases in Croatia by region (updated daily) at: CroatiaCovid19.info.
As part of corporate protocols and activities aimed at combating the pandemic, an organized vaccination of employees is currently being carried out so that they can work smoothly, and guests can enjoy their stay in our hotels and apartments.
FIND OUT ABOUT
A SAFE CHOICE FOR A SAFE HOLIDAY
Your safety is our priority. That is why we have placed an even greater focus on health, hygiene and social distancing and taken all the necessary steps to make you feel safe, comfortable and relaxed. In these challenging times, we are doing our best to make sure you fully enjoy the breath-taking destinations and attractions, all from the perfectly safe accommodation of your choosing.
Plava Laguna is included in the SAFEGUARD Risk Prevention and Health Program of the international certification house Bureau Veritas. Hotels, apartments and resorts are in the process of being audited for the SAFEGUARD label.
The SAFEGUARD label confirms that :
- Specific risks for the hospitaliy industry are effectivly addressed
- Strict hygene standards are met – implemented globally-recognized best practices and recommendations
- Compliance with a rigorous sanitary protocol – protective measures are properly set up and implemented in a transparent way
All internal hotel procedures and prevention measures are been adjusted in line with the requirements of the SAFEGUARD Risk Prevention and Health Protection Program.
Our dedication to make your stay completely carefree has been reaffirmed through the national safety label Safe Stay in Croatia. The goal of the project implemented by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports is to familiarise the visitors and tourism industry entities with the protocols and measures undertaken in Croatia at all levels of tourism activities. Stay safe throughout your visit! The Croatian safety protocols follow the global safety standards in all segments.
CROSSING THE BORDER – ARRIVAL IN THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA
Please follow the applicable measures and instructions of the Croatian authorities.
NEW CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY INTO THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA (09.06.2021)
- Citizens of the EU and the countries and / or regions of the Schengen area and the countries associated with the Schengen area may enter Croatia with one received dose of the Pfizer, Moderna or Gamaleya vaccine if the dose was received more than 22 days ago up to a maximum of 42 days, or up to 84 days from receiving the first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine..
- Travellers from yellow or red rated countries/regions to enter Croatia can present either a negative PCR test (not older than 72 hours) or a negative RAT (antigen) test (not older than 48 hours).
- Children under the age of 12 who travel in the company of parents are exempted from the obligation to present a negative test result and to self-isolate if their parents have a negative PCR or RAT (antigen) test
- Persons who have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 6 months are exempt from the obligation to obtain a negative PCR or RAT test and self-isolation. To prove that they have recovered from COVID-19, they must provide a positive PCR or antigen test that was done within the last 6 months, and older than 11 days, or a certificate of illness issued by a doctor.
- Persons who have a certificate of COVID-19 recovery and have been vaccinated with at least one dose of the vaccine after the recovery are exempt from the obligation to provide a negative PCR/RAT test and to self-isolate for up to six months from the administration of the vaccine.
- Persons who have received a second dose of COVID-19 vaccine more than 14 days ago (for Johnson & Johnson first and only dose) are exempted from the obligation to obtain a negative PCR or RAT test and self-isolation.
- People who come to the Republic of Croatia from green countries/regions are exempt from the obligation to provide a negative PCR test and to self-isolate.
More information about the instructions for entering Croatia can be found here.
For faster border crossing and entry into the Republic of Croatia, we recommend that you fill out the online form available by clicking on the next banner:
You can check out the interactive tool on the official website of the European Union that provides you with the information to confidently plan your travel and holidays in Croatia, while staying healthy and safe.
CROSSING THE BORDER - RETURNING FROM CROATIA TO HOMELAND
See the conditions for returning from vacation to your destination
Passengers returning from Croatia are not subject to quarantine if: have been vaccinated, have had COVID-19 in the past 6 months, have a negative PCR test not older than 72 hours or an antigen test not older than 48 hours.
If proof of any of the above cannot be provided, the person must test for COVID 19 within 24 hours of entering the country.
Children under the age of 10 are exempt from the testing obligation. Children older than 10 years must be tested in the presence of a parent / guardian.
Registration is required 72 hours before return and via https://entry.ptc.gv.at/.
Czech passengers arriving by public transport, need a wirtten confiramtion af a negative result of an antigen or PCR test, no older than than 24 hours (antigen) or 72 hours (PCR). It is also mandatory to wear an FFP2 (KN95, N95, P2, DS) respirator everywhere outside the home for 14 days after arrival.
Czech passengers entering the Czech Republic by private transport must undergo an antigen or PCR test no later than 5 days after arrival. Before entering the Czech Republic, they must fill in the Passenger Locator Form. Self-isolation is required until confirmation of a negative test result. It is also mandatory to wear an FFP2 (KN95, N95, P2, DS) respirator everywhere outside the home for 14 days after arrival.
Foreigners traveling to the Czech Republic must fill in an Passenger Locator Form and uneed a wirtten confiramtion af a negative result of an antigen or PCR test, no older than than 24 hours (antigen) or 72 hours (PCR). It is also mandatory to wear an FFP2 (KN95, N95, P2, DS) mask everywhere outside the home for 14 days after arrival.
Persons returning to the country who have been vaccinated in the Czech Republic are exempt from quarantine and testing 22 days after receiving the first shot.
As of June 06, Istria is no longer considered an risk area.
Meaning that upon returning from Istria an antigen or a PCR test are no longer required.
It is necessary to self-isolate for 10 days. This period can be shortened after a minimum of 5 days from entering the country if two PCR tests carried out within a 48-hour interval resulted negative. If a person has had COVID-19 in the last six months and can present valid proof, they are not required to self-isolate. Vaccinated people travel without restrictions.
Travelers entering Italy, must fill in a digital form on: http://app.euplf.eu/#/.
It is necessary to present a negative PCR or antigen test not older than 48 hours. Otherwise, the person will need to self-isolate for 10 days. Children under the age of 2 are exempt from testing.
As of June 17, 2021, most of Croatia is yellow. From that moment on, if you travel back to the Netherlands from the yellow part of Croatia, you don’t have to go into self-isolation. It is also not necessary to present a negative PCR test unless you are traveling from the Northern Croatia region, including Zagreb.
Negative PCR / antigen test or quarantine that can be stopped 48 hours after crossing the border if the PCR / antigen test is negative. The test must be performed in Poland. Testing is not required for children under 12 accompanied by parents.
Vaccinated persons who have contracted COVID 19 in the last 6 months do not need to undergo quarantine and must provide proof of vaccination.
It is necessary to present a negative PCR test not older than 72 hours, or to self-isolate upon return for 14 days. Children under the age of 12 are exempt from testing.
From June 10
From June 10, Croatia will be placed on the list of epidemiologically safe countries on the Russian market and will thus be marked as a safe destination for Russian tourists.
From the beginning of June to the end of September, the Russian national carrier Aeroflot will connect Moscow with Istria (Pula) by daily flights.
A 14-day self-isolation or PCR test is not required in the case of:
- vaccinated persons
- persons who have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 180 days
- children under 18 years of age
The self-isolation period can be shortened by a negative PCR / antigen test upon arrival.
From 12.06.2021. Istria and Primorje – Gorje County are not on the red list and are considered a low-risk area.
Passengers coming from Istria and Kvarner can enter Slovenia without the obligation of testing and self-isolation.
As of June 3, 2021, Croatia is not on the list of countries at risk, and the following conditions apply to return to Switzerland:
- Fully vaccinated persons can enter Switzerland without additional restrictions
- Persons recovered from COVID-19 can enter Switzerland without additional restrictions
- People who have not been vaccinated and have not previously contracted COVID-19, and who come to Switzerland by car, can enter Switzerland without additional restrictions
- People who have not been vaccinated and have not yet contracted COVID-19, and who come to Switzerland by bus, train or boat, can enter Switzerland with a completed registration to enter the country
- Persons who have not been vaccinated and have not yet contracted COVID-19, and who come to Switzerland by plane, can enter Switzerland with a completed registration for entry into the country and a negative PCR test on COVID-19
Croatia is on the orange list of countries: a negative test not older than 72 hours is required before leaving for Croatia. Upon returning to the UK, passengers are required to self-isolate for 10 days. The tests will be taken on day two and day eight of self-isolation. The 10-day period may be reduced should the test taken after the fifth day produce a negative result, but re-testing on day eight is still mandatory. Children under 4 years of age are exempt from testing on the second and eighth day of quarantine.
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) TESTING IN PLAVA LAGUNA
In order to make your vacation as carefree as possible, we offer a possibility of testing in Poreč and Umag to all our guests. The tests are performed by the Croatian Institute of Public Health. Results for PCR and BAT (rapid antigen) test available by accelerated procedure in the shortest possible time. A prior announcement is required (at least 36 hours before) at the facility reception desk.
The price for the Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) is 17 € (125 HRK) and for the PCR test 63 € (470 HRK) per person.
PREVENTION MEASURES AND COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AT PLAVA LAGUNA FACILITIES
- A 2 m distance during the check-in at the reception desk; lounge furniture and recliner chairs in common areas have been rearranged to meet the prescribed social distancing measures (the space between deck chairs on the beach/in the wellness area, the space between restaurant and bar tables, waiting area furniture by the reception desk).
- The PLAVA LAGUNA mGUEST application enables contactless booking of restaurant tables for board meals and the Activities & Experiences programme.
- Contactless dispensers with hand sanitisers are available in public areas and facilities, especially in places of frequent contact between the staff and guests, and among guests.
- The lift control panel, stair railings and touch screens, if any, are disinfected frequently.
- Except in the case of a family group, a maximum of two persons may use the lift at a time.
- Chair arms, if any, are disinfected frequently.
- Wearing protective masks in the reception area and in common areas is mandatory.
- Protective masks and gloves are available to all guests upon request.
- Our staff is familiar with all the measures recommended by the World Health Organization, as well as national and local health institutions.
- The staff members check their body temperature before heading to work on a daily basis and maintain good personal hygiene, especially by regularly washing and disinfecting their hands.
- Use of prescribed protective equipment by staff during guest interaction is mandatory.
- Additional hand sanitisers are available in staff areas.
- Our staff undergo specialised training courses about COVID-19 and related protection measures.
- Vaccination of staff against COVID-19 is organized.
- Disinfectants are made available upon entering the reception area, where guests can read the notices about the recommendations and measures implemented to prevent the spread of infection.
- The reception area is aired and disinfected thoroughly and frequently.
- Daily disinfection of the reception desk and the pertaining floor area is carried out more frequently.
- Signage and distance marks have been placed throughout the hotel to remind our guests to keep the prescribed distance and apply the protection measures.
- Guests can use Plava Laguna online check-in service to speed up the check in process upon arrival. It's quick and simple. All direct guests will receive an email with booking confirmation including a link for quick online check-in form. By completing the form, guests can expedite the process, save time and ensure minimum contact with reception staff.
- Guests can avoid queuing during check-out by scheduling their check-out time with reception staff or via mGuest app prior to departure.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- Contactless dispensers with hand sanitisers are available at restaurant and bar entrances.
- Seating areas have been arranged to ensure the recommended social distance between guests.
- Tables undergo thorough cleaning and disinfection upon every guest departure.
- An additional protective plexiglass partition has been placed on the self-service tables at the restaurants.
- Meals are served by staff at all times (guests are not in direct contact with food and food serving utensils).
- Meals are served in two different time slots at buffet restaurants to ensure safe distance between guests at all times.
- Booking a restaurant table is not obligatory, but is highly recommended and can be done via the PLAVA LAGUNA mGUEST application, allowing guests to view available tables and book one for each meal.
- Daily disinfection of restaurant and bar floors is carried out more frequently.
- Stricter food handling protocols and protections measures are applied.
- Room cleaning meets high hygiene standards, and includes an even more detailed surface disinfection.
- Guests can enjoy complete privacy (staff will enter their accommodation unit only upon request). This service can be set up and changed any time via the PLAVA LAGUNA mGUEST application.
- Contactless room service can be ordered via the PLAVA LAGUNA mGUEST application (the order is brought/taken away in front of the hotel room).
- Additional bedding has been removed from the hotel rooms and is available upon request.
- Health and safety guidelines, as well as social distancing indicators are present throughout the facilities for easy reference.
- Disinfectants are available in busy areas.
- Common areas and public sanitary facilities’ cleaning, disinfection and ventilation have been intensified.
BEACHES, SWIMMING POOLS, SPORTS, ACTIVITIES & EXPERIENCES
- Health and safety guidelines as well as social distancing indicators are present throughout the facilities for easy reference.
- Pool and beach sun loungers have been arranged to ensure social distancing measures, and are regularly and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- All indoor areas are frequently aired.
- All sports and animation activities have been modified to comply with the recommendations from relevant authorities.
- Sports and e Activities & Experiences programme require prior reservation of service time - The PLAVA LAGUNA mGUEST application enables contactless reservation.
- The wellness centre staff and guests must wear protective masks.
- Wet saunas are not available at the moment.
Thank you for following the instructions and helping us to ensure the highest levels of health and safety standards for all our guests and employees.