We wish you a warm welcome and invite you to explore our destinations – Poreč, Umag and Rijeka!
Spend time in nature and enjoy outdoor activities mindful of social distancing measures in place.
You are welcome to enjoy the beautiful Istrian beaches and visit other public areas all being mindful of social distancing measures and other guidelines.
Restaurants, bars, shops and other facilities in Istria are open, some with adjusted working hours. Please follow any recommendations or measures that might be in place to ensure maximum safety.
Information about COVID-19 cases in Croatia by region (updated daily): CroatiaCovid19.info.
CROSSING THE BORDER – ARRIVAL IN THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA
Please follow the applicable measures and instructions of the Croatian authorities.
NEW CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY INTO THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA (01.04.2021)
- Travellers from yellow or red rated countries/regions to enter Croatia can present either a negative PCR test (not older than 48 hours) or a negative RAT (antigen) test (not older than 48 hours).
- Children under the age of 7 who travel in the company of parents are exempted from the obligation to present a negative test result and to self-isolate if their parents have a negative PCR or RAT (antigen) test
- Persons who have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 6 months are exempt from the obligation to obtain a negative PCR or RAT test and self-isolation. To prove that they have recovered from COVID-19, they must provide a positive PCR or antigen test that was done within the last 6 months, and older than 11 days, or a certificate of illness issued by a doctor.
- Persons who have received a second dose of COVID-19 vaccine more than 14 days ago (for Johnson & Johnson first and only dose) are exempted from the obligation to obtain a negative PCR or RAT test and self-isolation.
- People who come to the Republic of Croatia from green countries/regions are exempt from the obligation to provide a negative PCR test and to self-isolate.
More information about the instructions for entering Croatia can be found here.
For faster border crossing and entry into the Republic of Croatia, we recommend that you fill out the online form available by clicking on the next banner:
You can check out the interactive tool on the official website of the European Union that provides you with the information to confidently plan your travel and holidays in Croatia, while staying healthy and safe.
A SAFE CHOICE FOR A SAFE HOLIDAY
Your safety is our priority. That is why we have placed an even greater focus on health, hygiene and social distancing and taken all the necessary steps to make you feel safe, comfortable and relaxed. In these challenging times, we are doing our best to make sure you fully enjoy the breath-taking destinations and attractions, all from the perfectly safe accommodation of your choosing.
Our dedication to make your stay completely carefree has been reaffirmed through the national safety label Safe Stay in Croatia.
The goal of the project implemented by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports is to familiarise the visitors and tourism industry entities with the protocols and measures undertaken in Croatia at all levels of tourism activities.
Stay safe throughout your visit! The Croatian safety protocols follow the global safety standards in all segments.
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) TESTING IN PLAVA LAGUNA
In order to make your vacation as carefree as possible, we offer a possibility of testing in Poreč and Umag to all our guests. The tests are performed by the Croatian Institute of Public Health. Results for the PCR test are available within 24 hours and for the antigen (RAT) test within 1 hour, in Croatian language. A prior announcement is required (at least 36 hours before) at the facility reception desk.
The price for the Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) is 17 € (125 HRK) and for the PCR test 63 € (470 HRK) per person.
The COVID-19 prevention measures, and work and conduct protocols at Plava Laguna facilities comprise the following:
- A 2 m distance during the check-in at the reception desk; lounge furniture and recliner chairs in common areas have been rearranged to meet the prescribed social distancing measures (the space between deck chairs on the beach/in the wellness area, the space between restaurant and bar tables, waiting area furniture by the reception desk).
- The PLAVA LAGUNA mGUEST application enables contactless booking of restaurant tables for board meals and the Activities & Experiences programme.
- Contactless dispensers with hand sanitisers are available in public areas and facilities, especially in places of frequent contact between the staff and guests, and among guests.
- The lift control panel, stair railings and touch screens, if any, are disinfected frequently.
- Except in the case of a family group, a maximum of two persons may use the lift at a time.
- Chair arms, if any, are disinfected frequently.
- Wearing protective masks in the reception area and in common areas is mandatory.
- Protective masks and gloves are available to all guests upon request.
- Our staff is familiar with all the measures recommended by the World Health Organization, as well as national and local health institutions.
- The staff members check their body temperature before heading to work on a daily basis and maintain good personal hygiene, especially by regularly washing and disinfecting their hands.
- Use of prescribed protective equipment by staff during guest interaction is mandatory.
- Additional hand sanitisers are available in staff areas.
- Our staff undergo specialised training courses about COVID-19 and related protection measures.
- Disinfectants are made available upon entering the reception area, where guests can read the notices about the recommendations and measures implemented to prevent the spread of infection.
- The reception area is aired and disinfected thoroughly and frequently.
- Daily disinfection of the reception desk and the pertaining floor area is carried out more frequently.
- Signage and distance marks have been placed throughout the hotel to remind our guests to keep the prescribed distance and apply the protection measures.
- Guests can use Plava Laguna online check-in service to speed up the check in process upon arrival. It's quick and simple. All direct guests will receive an email with booking confirmation including a link for quick online check-in form. By completing the form, guests can expedite the process, save time and ensure minimum contact with reception staff.
- Guests can avoid queuing during check-out by scheduling their check-out time with reception staff or via mGuest app prior to departure.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- Contactless dispensers with hand sanitisers are available at restaurant and bar entrances.
- Seating areas have been arranged to ensure the recommended social distance between guests.
- Tables undergo thorough cleaning and disinfection upon every guest departure.
- An additional protective plexiglass partition has been placed on the self-service tables at the restaurants.
- Meals are served by staff at all times (guests are not in direct contact with food and food serving utensils).
- Meals are served in two different time slots at buffet restaurants to ensure safe distance between guests at all times.
- Booking a restaurant table is not obligatory, but is highly recommended and can be done via the PLAVA LAGUNA mGUEST application, allowing guests to view available tables and book one for each meal.
- Daily disinfection of restaurant and bar floors is carried out more frequently.
- Stricter food handling protocols and protections measures are applied.
- Room cleaning meets high hygiene standards, and includes an even more detailed surface disinfection.
- Guests can enjoy complete privacy (staff will enter their accommodation unit only upon request). This service can be set up and changed any time via the PLAVA LAGUNA mGUEST application.
- Contactless room service can be ordered via the PLAVA LAGUNA mGUEST application (the order is brought/taken away in front of the hotel room).
- Additional bedding has been removed from the hotel rooms and is available upon request.
- Health and safety guidelines, as well as social distancing indicators are present throughout the facilities for easy reference.
- Disinfectants are available in busy areas.
- Common areas and public sanitary facilities’ cleaning, disinfection and ventilation have been intensified.
BEACHES, SWIMMING POOLS, SPORTS, ACTIVITIES & EXPERIENCES
- Health and safety guidelines as well as social distancing indicators are present throughout the facilities for easy reference.
- Pool and beach sun loungers have been arranged to ensure social distancing measures, and are regularly and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- All indoor areas are frequently aired.
- All sports and animation activities have been modified to comply with the recommendations from relevant authorities.
- Sports and e Activities & Experiences programme require prior reservation of service time - The PLAVA LAGUNA mGUEST application enables contactless reservation.
- The wellness centre staff and guests must wear protective masks.
- Wet saunas are not available at the moment.
Thank you for following the instructions and helping us to ensure the highest levels of health and safety standards for all our guests and employees.